Pistu is a Kapampangan dish made from chorizo and usually served paired with bread as a merienda. Chef Claude Tayag shares this recipe at The Maya Kitchen
2 tablespoons oil, or use lard from chorizo
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 kilo lean ground pork
1 can chorizo, sliced into 1/4" coins
2 pieces medium potatoes, cubes
2 pieces red bell pepper, pitted and chopped
1 cup green peas
1/2 cup butter
4 large eggs, beaten
parmesan cheese to sprinkle
1. Heat pan and add oil. Sauté garlic and onion, add ground pork continue to cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add chorizo and potatoes, continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
3. Then add bell pepper and green peas.
4. Add butter when melted, add the beaten eggs and mix well.
5. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese just before serving.
6. Serve with pan de sal.