We usually eat pasta at least once in a fornight and I love that I can make simple sauces with whatever ingredients we have at home. I also love the fact that you can whip up a pasta in around 30 minutes.
Sharing here my Charlie Chan-inspired pasta.
Small Onion, sliced
Chili Flakes, as needed
Ketchup sachet, 3 or more
Salt to taste
*** I just used the ingredients I found at home such as the shredded chicken which was actually a roast chicken leftover. It would taste nicer if you add some oyster sauce, which I don't have at the time when I made this pasta. Using sesame oil is also possible. For the pasta, I usually allot 50g per person.
1. Boil the pasta until almost cooked. Remove water so that it will still be al dente when you add the sauce.
2. Stir-fry the ginger in oil, add the onion slices once the ginger turns a bit brown.
3. Add the shredded chicken and peanuts to the ginger and onion.
4. Flavor with peppercorn, salt.
5. Add pasta and the ketchup, and toss until pasta is covered with the mixture.
6. Add chili flakes.
7. Serve. Bon appetit!
*** You can opt to add the peanuts last if you want it crunchy.
*** Below photo is easy to make pasta recipe: Wagyu Pasta